This Friday, February 14, the Seattle City Council will be making important decisions that will affect the ability of taxicab operators to earn a living. The City Council will decide 1) whether to put caps on ride share companies; and 2) whether to allow for-hire vehicles the right to pick up stand and hail passengers.
We need to take action now to get our message out!
TAKE ACTION NOW!: Email every member of the City Council immediately with the following message.
As a Puget Sound taxi cab operator, I struggle every day so that I can earn a living for myself and my family. Recent changes in the personal transportation industry have put my livelihood at even greater risk. To maintain a level playing field in the industry and basic fairness for taxi drivers, I urge you to put a cap on ride share companies that are operating outside the regulatory framework and to vote against stand and hail rights for for-hire vehicles. Thank you.
You can cut and paste the message to create your own email. Send your email to:
- Sally Bagshaw, [email protected]
- Tim Burgess, [email protected]
- Sally Clark, [email protected]
- Jean Gooden, [email protected]
- Bruce Harrell, [email protected]
- Nick Licata, [email protected]
- Mike O'Brien, [email protected]
- Tom Rasmussen, [email protected]
- Kshama Sawant, [email protected]